1. Shower and exfoliate entire body before your session. Avoid using any deodorant or moisturizing soap as this can leave a film that can interfere with the tanning process. We recommend using an exfoliating glove and making a paste
of baking soda and non-moisturizing shower gel.
2. DO NOT apply any lotions, cream, deodorant, perfume, etc. before your tan.
These may cause a barrier to the spray tan solution.
3. Wear dark colored, loose fitting clothes to your appointment.
Sandals are suggested to avoid any rub off onto socks.
4. Cover finger/toenails with nail polish to avoid staining.
Have manicures, pedicures and hair done BEFORE your tanning session.
5. You must wait at least 12 hours (or max of 6 if using the Express Yourself solution) before showering, swimming, sweating, applying lotion or liquid make-up.
6. Moisturize your skin at least twice a day. Hydrating the skin maintains longer life you your tan.
7. Wear waterproof sunscreen when swimming to protect your tan from uneven fading.
1. WHAT IS A SUNLESS TAN?
Sunless spray solutions consist of an ingredient called DHA and can contain a bronzer as well. The bronzer gives you your immediate color and will wash off with your first shower. The DHA reacts with the skin’s amino acids on the surface of the skin and takes up to 24 hours to produce a golden tan that can last approximately a week. It is a healthy way to get a tan without the damaging rays of the sun or tanning beds.
2. WHAT KIND OF RESULTS CAN I EXPECT FOR MY SKIN TYPE?
Just as you can’t force a tan on your skin with the sun, you should not try to force a darker tan than your skin will allow. Although there is no skin damage associated with “over exposure” with sunless spray solutions, you can turn a bit orange with too many sessions in a row. The darker you tan naturally, the darker you will tan with our solutions.
3. WHAT CAN I EXPECT CONCERNING HOW LONG MY TAN WILL LAST?
Your sunless tan should last at least a week if not longer, depending on the solution that you use, your skin type, skin preparation and maintenance. Dryer skin, by nature, exfoliates faster than hydrated skin. Sunless tanners only produce color on the very outermost layer of the skin, the layer that is constantly shedding. So, as your skin sheds your tan fades.
4. HOW DO I MAINTAIN MY TAN?
Keep your skin moisturized and avoid long hot showers and baths until it is time to exfoliate for your next tanning session. Try to avoid wearing tight clothing that will chafe the skin.
5. WHAT ARE THE DIFFICULTIES ASSOCIATED WITH “SELF TANNING” SUN SPRAYS?
Most problems associated with self tanners has virtually been eliminated; however, a few stubborn challenges remain. If you try to go too dark, too fast, you may turn a bit orange. Don’t sit on leather furniture, car seats, etc. after being sprayed on the first day. If your feet sweat, don’t wear covering shoes or socks after your session. The sweat can affect the end resulting color. If you go too dark, some areas of your skin will exfoliate faster than other areas and you can appear “spotty”. Sun damaged “sun spots” on your skin will not tan the same as other unaffected skin areas.
6. ARE THERE ANY KNOWN SIDE EFFECTS OF SUNLESS TANNERS?
All ingredients used are FDA approved to be used in this cosmetic topical application. As far as we know, there have been no side effects reported with the use of the active ingredient DHA. We believe this to be true; however, there is always a possibility of sensitivity to an ingredient blended in the product. The FDA does recommend the use of nose plugs, eye protection, lip balm and underwear when be applied via spray method. These along with an ingredient can be provided upon request. If pregnant we recommend consulting with your doctor before your session.
7. WILL CHLORINE IN A POOL AFFECT MY TAN?
It’s not only the chlorine but just the time of being submersed in water for any length of time, plus the rubbing of the towel on the skin to dry off will speed up the exfoliation process of the skin and thus fading the tan. We suggest using a waterproof sunscreen when swimming to help protect your tan.
8. IS THERE A SMELL ASSOCIATED WITH THE TAN?
Sometimes, with some body chemistry after 30 minutes or so, the reaction of the DHA with the amino acids will start to produce a “starchy” smell on some people. This is usually only detectable by you and is much less than the aroma associated with hand applied self tanners. Most people do not experience this to any great degree and it will disappear with your first shower.
9. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWSEEN AN AIRBRUSH TAN AND SPRAY BOOTHS?
With an airbrush tan the solution is manually sprayed on by a technician. Areas such as the hands and feet are only sprayed once versus the machine operated booths where they may get sprayed several times and areas of your body may get missed altogether. The airbrush technique allows for an overall even, no streak coverage. No need to be overwhelmed with barrier creams and positions, we take care of all that for you!
10. WHAT DO I WEAR DURING MY AIRBRUSH TANNING SESSION?
For men, some type of bottom is required. For women, most wear bottoms only and top is optional. But please wear whatever you will be comfortable in. Whichever you choose, we recommend wearing dark colored garments.
11. OUR SOLUTIONS ARE NOT AND DO NOT CONTAIN A SUNSCREEN.